Some of the most intimate aspects of our lives unfold through devices and online services. It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the challenge of staying safe online. Many popular digital security guides fall short because they are not regularly updated or provide recommendations that may not be useful to everyone. That’s where CR’s Security Planner comes in.
- Building on the work of Citizen Lab, we launched a free, personalized tool to help you figure out exactly what you need to do to be more safe and secure online.
- Security Planner lets you indicate the types of devices you use and the digital security risks you’re most concerned with. It then gives out information that’s prioritized to meet your specific needs.
- To make things easier, Security Planner gives you an action plan which lets you check off items as you complete them.
- It also provides resources for emergency situations or those outside of the scope of the guide.
- Security Planner will remain free and open to anyone to use, and no company will ever exercise influence over our recommendations of products or services.
At a glance information
CR Security Planner is a free, easy-to-use guide to staying safe online. It provides personalized recommendations and expert advice on topics such as keeping social media accounts from being hacked, locking down devices ranging from smartphones to home security cameras, and reducing intrusive tracking by websites.
- Localization development work required to create a Spanish language version of Security Planner
- Working on backend changes to allow us to build out more recommendations
- Brainstorming on ways to get the Security Planner into more people’s hands!